Managing Partner – TorkLaw
Reza Torkzadeh has dedicated his professional life to representing people from all walks of life who have suffered traumatic loss due to someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing. He is a personal injury attorney and the founder of TorkLaw, which exclusively represents victims and families of catastrophic injury and wrongful death.
A powerful consumer advocate, Reza’s work has helped to make our communities safer from misconduct, hazardous conditions, and dangerous products. In 2015, he and his team successfully litigated an FDA-recalled medical device case that resulted in a $14,250,000.00 settlement. TorkLaw handles all cases on contingency, because of Reza’s commitment that access to the courthouse should belong to everyone, not just the wealthy or large corporations.
Reza understands that often, filing a claim in civil court is the only option left to people who seek justice, or are unable to receive fair and adequate compensation for life-altering financial losses, physical impairment, or psychological trauma. In 2014, he obtained a verdict for a catastrophically injured pedestrian of $26,255,367.84.
Following a $12,000,000.00 judgment in a 2012 wrongful death case, Reza became a lifetime member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a prestigious organization exclusively for the less than 1% of U.S. trial lawyers who have won such large settlements.
Reza’s performance in and out of the courtroom has earned him several of the industry’s top awards and professional recognitions. Every year since 2015, Reza has been named to Woodward White’s Best Lawyers list, a recognition of excellence by one of the oldest and most respected peer review publications in the legal profession. Similarly, Reza has been recognized as a Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters every year since 2014; this a recognition reserved for the top 5% of attorneys in the state of California. Every year from 2010 to 2013, Reza was selected by his peers as a Super Lawyers Rising Star, a recognition only given to 2.5% of the attorneys in the state.
Reza is the co-author of the book, Accidents Happen But Who’s Going to Pay the Bills, a consumer’s guide to the California personal injury and wrongful death system.
Reza has successfully represented clients cases in both state and federal courts, in cases including wrongful death actions, auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, brain and spinal cord injuries, defective medical device and FDA recalled products, premises liability and dog bite.
Reza is a graduate of the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s prestigious Trial Advocacy Project (TAP).
- California (State Court)
- Texas (State Court)
- United States District Court Central District of California (Federal Court)
- United States District Court Southern District of California (Federal Court)
- University of California, Irvine
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- American Association for Justice
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- AVVO profile
- National Safety Council, 2008
- Public Justice Foundation
- Serious & Catastrophic Injuries
- Defective Medical Devices & Pharmaceuticals
- AVVO 10.0 “Superb” rating: 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Best Lawyers: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Super Lawyers: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- American Society of Legal Advocates
- National Trial Lawyers Association: Top 40-Under-40: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018,2019
- Super Lawyers Rising Star: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Los Angeles Magazine – Up-and-Coming Lawyer Under 40: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum: Lifetime Member
- Multi-million Dollar Advocates Forum: Lifetime Member
PRO BONO/COMMUNITY SERVICE
- Los Angeles County Bar Association – Dialogues on Freedom
- Pro Bono Honors Program, Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- Author, Case Against Tort Reform, an article on the dangers of tort reform and the continued attack on the civil justice system, The Daily Journal, 2010
- With Allen P. Wilkinson, co-author of the book Accidents Happen: A Consumer’s Guide to California’s Personal Injury & Wrongful Death System.